Tuesday 12 November 2013

Creative Writing - Brambles

I've decided to share a piece of my own creative writing on this blog. This is a poem that I've written called 'Brambles'. I didn't write it recently; this is something I wrote a while ago. That may be something that's reflected in the poem to some degree. The poem may be an exaggeration, since there are many that experience what I'm describing on a far worse level, but it is still definitely applicable to many people.


Brambles

Brambles crawl through my body, soul, and mind,
Keeping me stuck in a full body bind.

They crawl through my life, burning holes, no stop,
They will not die; they re-grow when I chop.

Remedies are thrown but none of them work,
Fate still mocks me with a laugh and a smirk.

They crawl beneath my skin, hidden from sight,
I’m brought to my knees; they’ve shown me their might.

They will make me itch and scratch all the time,
I wish for the day when my skin is mine.

I get scorned; they say “You can do better,”
But I can’t help it; my skin grows redder.

I get pitied and they try to help me,
Sometimes they do help but I’m still not free.

Invisible brambles hide in my skin,
A battle is raging; maybe I’ll win.

No comments:

Post a Comment