Wednesday 4 December 2013

My First 'First Instinct' Article - Ed Sheeran and The Hobbit

I've started writing for a magazine called 'First Instinct', where you can find a variety of articles written by numerous people on topics such as lifestyle and entertainment. For my first article for this magazine, I decided to write a review about the recent song by Ed Sheeran, 'I See Fire', which was written for the closing credits of 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug'. Whilst I think there seems to be an inconsistency between the song and the genre of the film, I think the song effectively captures what it should and this inconsistency can be overlooked as a result. As an English student, I feel that there is so much that could be said about the language and the techniques in the song. Despite this, discussing that was not the ultimate purpose of the article, so I did not refer to it very much. The article in its entirety can be found on the following link:

http://firstinstinctmagazine.com/2013/12/01/ed-sheeran-blazes-back-onto-the-scene-with-his-new-song-i-see-fire/

Here is the homepage of the magazine:

http://firstinstinctmagazine.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment